The Work of Christ
Did you know that when you order from Ligonier, you receive 20% off the retail price for this resource? Save 25% off retail when you purchase 5 or more copies. Save 30% off retail when you purchase 10 or more copies.
Written for anyone hungry to know more of God, The Work of Christ by renowned scholar Dr. R.C. Sproul is a life-altering exploration of Jesus’ work, identity, and purpose.
“The work of Jesus reveals to us who He is. The work and the person may be distinguished but never separated.”
—Dr. R.C. Sproul
Most Christians recognize the importance of Christ’s death and resurrection. But how many of us understand the theological significance of Jesus’ actions before and after the Crucifixion? In The Work of Christ, Dr. R.C. Sproul looks at every aspect of Jesus’ life and work, addressing such life-changing topics as:
- Why Jesus’ baptism is relevant for our salvation
- The similarities and differences between the temptation of the first Adam and the temptation of Jesus, the “second Adam”
- How God uses song to celebrate his redemptive acts
- Why the Last Supper marks the beginning of a greater exodus than that of the Old Testament
- How Jesus’ death and resurrection are grounded in the eternal covenant among the persons of the Trinity
- Why Jesus’ ascension makes a difference in our lives today
- What we know and don’t know about Jesus’ return
- Moving from Jesus’ existence from before creation through His incarnation, boyhood, adulthood, death, resurrection, and return, Dr. Sproul guides you to a deeper understanding of God’s beautiful promise and purpose behind the works of Christ’s life.